20 September, 2012

Relationship matters/Relationships matter #3: The spaghetti incident


We all probably have a "Spaghetti incident" in our lives. I thought I'd posted mine in my old blog but I can't seem to find it. So I'll give you a brief summary. Once upon a time, my family went to Universal studios. It was lunch time and we were all crabby and getting on each others' nerves. I wanted to go watch the "Beetlejuice" show and we had about an hour so we went to get some food. I wanted my own plate of spaghetti and meatballs but my parents were asking me to share some of their food or share with my sister. I was like "No. I want my own". And so I got my own plate of spaghetti. I had totally underestimated American food portions. What I got was way more than I could handle. My parents said that I couldn't go anywhere unless I finished that entire plate of spaghetti. "Beetlejuice" was about to start and my mom and sister went ahead to watch it. It was all very tormenting and finally when I'd eaten about 90% of my meal, I was allowed to go watch the show. One would think that I'd never eat spaghetti and meatballs ever again. My family still laughs about this (even though they don't remember which amusement park it was or what Beetlejuice was about). It's not even that funny.

Anyway, while these are moments that may seem annoying (aka sitcom moments) at the time, they're certainly not ones over which you'd give up your family or relationships for.
People seem to be giving up for smaller and smaller issues compared to what they tolerated just some years ago. Some say we grow to love people, some say that some people are just impossible to love, some say it has to be a gut feeling... I don't know what works or if different things work for different people. I just hope I have what it takes to stick it out and that I find someone who'll stick through it all with me.
Copyright (c) 2014 Gitanjali (Anju) Sabu. All rights reserved (At least, that's what the Copyright law says). Please don't steal or distribute my sketches unless you intend to make me famous. Or else, I'll have to feed you to the sharks, vipers and other fierce creatures.
Please don't copy, trace, steal or use these characters or the idea of these characters as your own. In case of fan art, please do not add anything to these characters. Thank you!